Friday 14 March 2014

The first step in my Raspberry Pi adventure


So here's my Pi in its little case. I bought a 16GB SD card for it with NOOBS pre-loaded.

But I still haven't decided what to do with it!

I briefly thought about turning it into an aurora detector. I've just built a magnetometer to detect geomagnetic storms in my astronomy lab (a slightly more advanced version of this one), and I thought I could apply the same principles here. It would be interesting, but not very interactive. It would be a case of building it, then sitting and leaving it to run. I want to be a bit more involved than that.

I've also thought about using it to build some very simple 2D games. That could be quite complicated?

Anyway, I'm not going to start playing with it till my exams are all out of the way, but that doesn't mean I can't THINK about what to do with it.

Let me know if you have any suggestions about what I should do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment